Potential Android Video Projector for less than $500...

Koleckai Silvestri

techywarrior

I guess I am missing the point of it.

The projector portion is low res and won't be very bright (probably fine in dark or very dim lighting).

Battery life is pretty poor for video and for audio it's expensive.

I like the idea of a self contained portable computer/device but can someone explain how this is better then other cheaper options?

For portability why not just get a pico projector and plug it into your phone? That would be cheaper too.

Koleckai Silvestri

Thought it was interesting and thought I would share. Would be cool for a self contained unit on family trips in my opinion. Each to their own.

techywarrior

Yea, it's interesting. Just trying to figure out if it's just cool. Or cool and practical :)

On a camping trip you would need something to project it onto tho... and that leads back to the bad battery life too.

I'm not trying to be a hater. Just can't work out the point of it. I sort of hope someone has a good idea for this and can explain why it would be so great.

Koleckai Silvestri

In the video they have it plugged in so I am guessing you don't have to use the battery. I have a solar charger that can keep it going for about 6 days of continuous use. Hanging a sheet between two trees or the legs of a popup canopy isn't difficult. Or a hotel wall. Plus it can run other software. Depends on resolution I guess. Pico projectors are pretty poor in that category from what I have seen.

techywarrior

Well, they list the resolution at 854x480 so that's not a great resolution. Many cheap pico projectors have a res like that and very low lumens. I suspect that they are using the same.

Didn't realize that a solar charger would be able to power this thing... of course then you have the issue that a solar charger doesn't work well at night (which would be the only time you would be able to see the picture with a light that dim).

lol, they'll probably get huge kickstarter funding an sell a ton of these things.

techywarrior

Haha, I guess you don't do the "getting back to nature" sort of camping :)

If I went camping I'd probably bring a house with me. How come trees don't have electrical outlets at their base? That would really solve a lot of problems.