Wrong metadata is retreived.

dcol

dcol

It is do the "Improve series folder detection" as discussed in several new topics.  The detection method is causing issues with the specific structure and/or naming scheme.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72642-question-about-custom-season-names/

So I would assume when Emby does a query for "Season" it returns "My Fighting Season".

www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Season&language=en

lol. Not really an 'improvement'. But that makes sense pulling 'My Fighting Season' when you have season.

Code needs to be added to avoid the word 'Season' and drill down to find the correct info.

Any suggestions how I work around this for now?

Edited by dcol

Happy2Play

I would say Season x is being used to identify a Series folder so having a folder with just Season it thinks it is the Series folder.  The issue is everyone wanting nested structures, so how do you properly identify what folder level is what with Series?

If the items don't belong to/have seasons or online metadata I would either dump them into a Series named folder or Series/Season 0 or Series/Specials folder

Edited by Happy2Play

dcol

Yes, and I have come up with a solution that works!. I just added a '0' to the folder name Season, so every show will be at least 'Season 0'

I assume regular shows that have 'Season 001' will also work.

I also tested a show that is S07E05. Created folder Season 007 and it also works. Problem solved

{UPDATE}

MCEbuddy has a conditional statement %ifseason% that allowed me to name shows without season info separately.

Now the naming convention matches Emby. So if the show has no season info, the folder is named 'Season 00'

Thanks guys for helping me pin this down so I could come up with a solution.

Edited by dcol