The path could not be found.

Peter Merck

Peter Merck

This the sticking point for me installing Emby. This was also the part of PLEX I needed help with. I've tried to find information in the forums but no luck. I'm looking for exact instructions to add folders. I'm running mint 18 from a SSD drive and my movies/tv are on an internal 4T drive. I've seen info on sharing folders but nothing telling me how. Any help would be appreciated.

Peter

Peter Merck

On my 4T drive there is a folder called 'media'. Sub folders in 'media' contain the movies and tv shows. Mostly folders with several loose in the media folder.  All are in the format of mkv or m4v. Due to the convoluted set up for Plex, I have the Music folder in Documents pointing to the Media folder on the 4T drive. I Have tried dragging the folder (either Music or Media) to the folder input line. But all I get is path not found.

Thanks for writing back.

Peter Merck

By accident I found the path that works. I downloaded a tv show (torrent) and saw the full path /home/peter/music/media. Put this in and it works. Also the TV folder /home/peter/music/tv. If you see a way of simplifying this please let me know.

Thanks again.