Delete Cache and Metadata folders

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

I have had my Cache and Metadata folders on a non boot disk since I first installed emby around 16 months ago on this machine.

A while back I was playing with intel optane to boost the speed of that drive, and well long story short I made some mistakes and ended up with the same drive with a small amount of its data corrupted but functioning. I have continued to use that drive cleaning up (deleting and replacing) any files I find to be unusable however I haven't touched those two folders. 

I changed emby to save metadata with the media a while ago, but not at the beginning of the server.

Would I have any major issues if I completely deleted those two folders now that I am moving and consolidating my media/server files to a single volume? I have been having big problems sorting out the useable from non-useable files from them as there is some that are corrupted but a small mixed portion of well over 500k files.

darkassassin07

Ok, but If I was to delete my metadata folder especially since that vast majority of my media has its metadata saved with the media itself.

What can I expect? Is emby going to have a really hard time re-creating that folder or is it going to completely destroy my current installation?

Or will it just be a matter of waiting for emby to rescan and reacquire the missing data

You can expect broken images until you run a library scan, at which point the server will be aware that the images are gone and will substitute with defaults instead.