MB server address for Android?

darengibo
Go to solution Solved by Koleckai Silvestri,

darengibo

Ok, so I had the Android MB working, but then either via update or other reason, the android app opened up by stating "since this is your first time, please enter the server info...."

How do I locate this server address?  

I know this must be a simple question, but it is driving me crazy!
THANKS!

Redshirt

Just press the globe on the top right and a dialog will appear allowing you to manually enter the server address. The fact none were found automatically means you probably are running over cellular rather than in your home network.

darengibo

Trying to connect via my tablet, which is connected to home server.  I can't seem to figure out how to locate my server address.

darengibo

Version 3.0.5238.39498

checkmarkgreen.png Media Browser Server is up to date

Running on port 8096

Remote access: http://67.#######:8096/mediabrowser  (is this the address??)

I had it up and running for the longest time, but somehow got to this state of it being a "first time you are using"..

Redshirt

Yes. Everything before :8096 is the address

darengibo

thanks. i enter it and no matter what.. "could not connect to library".

i still had Plex installed on the tablet and it did connect to the server.  so confused.  and frustrated since I prefer MB over Plex!

Something has gone wrong or changed on your network.  The fact you are getting the manual dialog means we can't find your server automatically either.

Check firewall settings and anything else that governs your network traffic.

• Like 1

darengibo

i checked firewall and all things MB are "allowed".

is there another setting within MB that I can change/tweak?

Redshirt

Restart the server and the phone or tab. See if that helps

Have you changed the port or has something else grabbed or blocked it?

darengibo

restarted server and tablet.  still unable to connect.  i check the MB server settings online which states running on port 8096.

hate bugging everyone with this issue, but it is driving me mad.

• Solution
Koleckai Silvestri

Version 3.0.5238.39498

checkmarkgreen.png Media Browser Server is up to date

Running on port 8096

Remote access: http://67.#######:8096/mediabrowser  (is this the address??)

I had it up and running for the longest time, but somehow got to this state of it being a "first time you are using"..

Yes. Everything before :8096 is the address

That is your external or WAN address. Your router needs to be open to the outside world to access it.

If you are connected to your local LAN, the address is different. You need to go to Network and Sharing in the Windows Control Panel of the server machine and get your IP address from the details screen of its network connection. On home equipment, it most likely starts with either 10 or 192. For instance, my Media Browser server is 192.16.8.0.3 while the IP shown in my server starts with 104.

I don't know why the display of this was removed from the Server Interface because it was easy to find there.

If you cannot connect with the internal IP address then you need to check your Firewall application and make sure that ports 8096 and 8945 are open and allow both incoming and outgoing traffic for both UDP and TCP.

If you want to access the server via WAN, you need to make sure that port forwarding for the above ports is in place to direct the traffic to your server's internal IP.

Edited by Wayne Luke
  • Like 2

Please mark whichever answer solved your problem as "Best Answer".  I assume this was Wayne's...