Mounts DVDs but wont Mount Blurays

jdpg2

jdpg2

Trying to configure my WHS2011 to run MB3 Server. 

I had it running without issue when installed on Win7 and playing on that physical machine, but it would not stream Bluray .iso  images to any of my other devices

Just installed it to WHS2011 and DVD's will play without issue but Blurays wont play on the server or stream to any other devices (both win 7, win 8.1 and windows phone).  The log files show an issue which I have attached.

MB3 Server Version 3.0.5238.39498

Windows Server 2011

Anyone have an idea??

MB3S_Log.txt

Edited by jdpg2

jdpg2

All sorted... I purged all of the metadata and then gave FFProbeProvider a chance to run against my entire library and that seems to have sorted it out.  One thing I have noticed is if I get a "Failed to Play" message from the Windows 8.1 app, if I change the audio that usually gets it to play.

• Like 1

nice work. we're doing our best with iso' and folder rips but they're some tricky business.

jdpg2

What gets me is that they were working fine up until recently.  Also the error with the mounting (in the attached file) is something new.

Edited by jdpg2

jdpg2

I also just noticed that there is no media info (other than the file path ) via the dashboard for my bluray.iso files but my dvd.iso files all appear to have everything.  I have purged and refreshed my meta data several times but it still doesn't appear to be refreshing my Blu-ray metadata.

Edited by jdpg2

Probing BD ISOs is a bit of a crap shoot but the lack of that information is why we cannot stream them.

I highly suggest moving away from the ISO format.

jdpg2

Quick question... what starts the probe sweep and where does it store its json files with the media info used to stream? Is it possible to.force a re probe of the media?