Login Screen not coming up

jluna001

jluna001

I recently switched over from Plex to Emby and I can't figure out how to get the user selection screen to come up when opening the app.  When I open Plex the user selection page would always come up.  But when opening Emby it goes to whatever the last movie was played. I've set the startup settings to "show login screen" and auto logoff time out to 30 minutes. However unless I kill the app and relaunch it still will not show the login screen. Any ideas on how to fix this or what I'm doing wrong?

Hi.  How are you exiting the app?

If you just hit the Home button then the app is still running right where you left it.  If you go back to it, it will still be there - right where you left it. This is how Android apps work (just like on your phone).  The app does have a setting for auto logoff though (Startup Settings).

jluna001

Most likely the kids just hit Home when switching between apps. But Netflix and Plex always show the user logon screen even if pressing Home and going back to it. I did set auto logoff in Emby to 30 minutes but still doesn't log off.

post-414857-0-69427600-1555516113_thumb.jpg

Edited by jluna001

Are you positive?  You have waited 35 minutes without interacting with the app at all?

Hmmm... I can't reproduce that.  Mine always logs itself off.

What device is this?  Do you allow it to sleep?

jluna001

I'm using Nvidia Shield TV, I believe the harmony remote puts it to sleep when the activity is tuned off.

The app should also log itself off when the device goes to sleep.

Anyone else not have the auto logoff working..?