Specifying a Metadata Provider

Scott D

Scott D

I’m having a bit of a problem in specifying a specific metadata provider for Modern Marvels.

The problem is this:

I have some old recordings of Modern Marvels that I created several years ago.  I manually renamed the files to match the episodes as listed by THETVDB.  Recently, local OTA network has started airing MM once again, and I am trying to fill in the missing episodes.  Unfortunately, the best I can tell, the OTA guide data is provided by Zap2It.  This does not match with THETVDB.  I tried to mark the recording options to only record missing episodes which resulted in a complete disaster.  Recorded shows that I have, not recording some I don’t.

I have tried to identify the series using the Zap2It provider.  It locates the series but then defaults back to THETVDB and provides the wrong metadata.

How can I manually specify the Zap2It id and have it stick so that all future recordings will utilize that service for all recordings going forward?

I have tried to use the Metadata Manager in the dashboard.  No joy.

I have tried to use the Edit metadata feature within the series.  No joy.

I have tried the Identify feature and only specified the Zap2It id.  Still no joy.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Notes:

Scheduled Recording via Emby Live TV

HDHomerun Quatro.

LiveTV Guide data configured in Emby (Built-in Guide Data Provider)

Edited by Scott D

Hi, we don't have a zap2it provider. Tvdb supports lookup using zap2it id, so ultimately it ends up getting tied back to tvdb data.

Scott D

Thank you for the quick (insanely quick) reply.  I guess I will continue with the work-around I came up with to solve the problem.