User able to stream from my account even after deleting devices

pinkfamily7

pinkfamily7

so, i have a fairly significant problem... apparently I had some non-cloud accounts set up without passwords for my family. I also have a static IP address and emby pointing to https://emby.mydomain.com/. Well, I invited a friend to my server today (I told her to make an account at emby.media first) and that I'd shoot her an invite to my server when she got her account set up. Well, she supposedly did all that, and then went to my server via the link, and didn't see her username (and I still don't see it on my dashboard...) and so she just clicked on my "local" account... I thought crap, then set up passwords on all the non-cloud accounts and even removed all the devices associated with my non-cloud accounts so it would force me to sign back in to them all. I checked it via incognito mode on my browser here and it's making me sign in, but she is STILL able to stream just fine... using my (administrator) account.

Hi, if you change your admin user password than here authentication will be invalidated and she'll have to login again. Please try that. Thanks.

pinkfamily7

I just checked... somehow her emby connect account got linked to *my* admin account.  I removed the link and put it back to my emby connect account.  It seems as though it overwrote my username that was in there previously though, is that supposed to happen?

Edited by pinkfamily7

That's not supposed to happen, no, but we see this every so often where users accidentally link a friend's account to their  local admin user.