1st time emby user - replacing infuse and plex - subs support issue

aristosv

aristosv

Hello

I am currently using Infuse and Plex on an Apple TV 4K. Both have their limitations. For example Plex doesn't have trakt integration, no subs downloading from the client and no subs offset when necessary. Infuse doesn't have any alexa skills. Not really a deal breaker but I'm in home automation right now and alexa is really useful with media players.

This is my fist time using Emby and I just installed it in a docker container. The Emby server side feels a lot more professional than plex so kudos for that. I know Emby has an alexa skill, so I'm covered there, and I've also configured opensubtitles on the server side of Emby.

What I haven't found so far, is a way to download subtitles while using the Emby app on Apple TV, and a way to offset them when they are not in sync with the video.

Is there a way on the Apple TV Emby client, to download subtitles while watching a video, and offset them if necessary?

Thanks

Hi, we don't have either of those two things right now on Apple TV, but they are planned for the future. Thanks.