Default to Suggestions View

vmcosco
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

vmcosco

I have "Suggestions" set to the default view for Movies and TV Shows in the Emby web app.  That does not seem to be carrying over to the Fire TV app.  When i open Movies or TV Shows, it goes straight to Movies and Shows.  Is there a way to resolve this?

Hi.  Are you logged in as the same user?

What do the home screen settings show in the app?

vmcosco

Hi.  Are you logged in as the same user?

What do the home screen settings show in the app?

Yes, same user (I only have one)

In the web app I have "Suggestions" set as default view for TV Shows and Movies.  That works as expected.  I can also confirm that those settings are pushed to the iOS app.  There is not an option to set default view in the Fire TV app.  Shouldn't the settings be pushed?

• Solution

There is not an option to set default view in the Fire TV app.  

Go into whichever library you wish to set the default for.  Go up to the tabs and scroll to the right.  The last tab will be "Settings".

• Like 1

vmcosco

Go into whichever library you wish to set the default for.  Go up to the tabs and scroll to the right.  The last tab will be "Settings".

Thanks.  I was not even aware that settings section was there.  Never had to scroll that far over

Yes, we plan to re-design the tab-based layout across the system in the not too distant future to make these options a bit more obvious.

Thanks.

GrimReaper

Related to tab-browsing:

I'm running Shield ATV app. In any Show library, one UP push from top of the list takes me to "Sort by" and the NEXT one to "Folders" tab (which is "auto-selectable", as the other tabs are as well), which is kinda annoying, as it takes few additional clicks to get back to Show or Suggestions tab, with two screen changes in between: Show list > Folder list > Show list/Suggestions. Shouldn't the logic be that one UP click from "Sort by" takes me to "Show" tab (same as it does for any Movie library, where it correctly takes me to "All" tab once UP clicked from "Sort by")?

Thanks.

Edited by GrimReaper76

Related to tab-browsing:

I'm running Shield ATV app. In any Show library, one UP push from top of the list takes me to "Sort by" and the NEXT one to "Folders" tab (which is "auto-selectable", as the other tabs are as well), which is kinda annoying, as it takes few additional clicks to get back to Show or Suggestions tab, with two screen changes in between: Show list > Folder list > Show list/Suggestions. Shouldn't the logic be that one UP click from "Sort by" takes me to "Show" tab (same as it does for any Movie library, where it correctly takes me to "All" tab once UP clicked from "Sort by")?

Thanks.

Sorry, I'm not sure I completely followed all of that but we try to take you back to the active tab when you navigate up.  However, under certain circumstances, the automatic navigation of the Android system usurps us.  Is that what's happening?

BTW - you can scroll across the tabs quickly as it only loads the selected tab after you pause for a second.

GrimReaper

Sorry, I'm not sure I completely followed all of that but we try to take you back to the active tab when you navigate up. However, under certain circumstances, the automatic navigation of the Android system usurps us. Is that what's happening?

BTW - you can scroll across the tabs quickly as it only loads the selected tab after you pause for a second.

That's correct, in any TV Show library, not sometimes but every time, one UP click from "Sort by" icon takes me to "Folders" tab instead to tab that was active at the time (usually "Shows").

Thanks for the tip, I figured it already but still I reckon that's several unnecessary clicks each time I go into tab browser.

Note that any Movie library performs that as it should, UP click takes me to active tab.

Cheers.

Okay, so what is different about the display of your TV libraries?  Do you use different image types or sizes in them?

GrimReaper

Okay, so what is different about the display of your TV libraries? Do you use different image types or sizes in them?

In general - nope. They are all Emby populated, occasionally I do replace poster or backdrop but all through Emby Web. Using Tabbed view with Medium sized posters and vertical scrolling in all Libraries.

Emby Server and ATV app client both running on Shield.

Cheers.

GrimReaper

Okay, I guess that would have been too easy ;).

Thanks.

LOL, np, it's not a deal-breaker. It's just that I find myself going to Tab browser more often since I totally dig new look for Suggestions and Favorites, I'd keep my default Shows view in that layout if it was possible. And it's becoming a speedy clickfest if going few times into Tab browser. ;)

Cheers.