My movies are gone both from Emby and my hard drive

deimos3@yahoo.com

deimos3@yahoo.com

Plex was not satisfactory so I scrubbed it from my computer and my Fire TV.  Installed Emby a few days ago.  Paid for a subscription believing that would give me more options including more options for the various settings.

I downloaded some public domain movies yesterday, they appeared on my list in Emby and I was able to play them on my Emby app on Fire TV.  But today they are gone, along with at least one or two other movies that were in my system files and in their correct folders for years before I installed Emby

I disabled the delete function in "users" (I'm the only user with access to the dashboard and I presume I'm the administrator) and locked some of the movies to prevent changes to the metadata.   I could find no other settings for not deleting certain extensions and such.  

So what's happened?

I'm really new with this and can use some answers to prevent this loss from happening.

Attached are logs that cover from 0001 4/13/2019 thru around 0345 or so 04/13/2019

Log.txt

logg.txt

Hi, there is no activity in emby to explain this here. Do you have other log files? Is it possible you had a disk failure?

deimos3@yahoo.com

What server version are you using?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Version 4.0.3.0

deimos3@yahoo.com

Hi, there is no activity in emby to explain this here. Do you have other log files? Is it possible you had a disk failure?

I've run chkdsk and found no errors or repairs needed. I'm running Windows 10, if that affects anything.    Again, all I know is that downloaded movies in mp4 format, saved to folders on my system and showing up in my Emby library, playing on my TV with no problem, are not there the next day.  Using recovery software doesn't find the removed movies, though it did find movies I deleted some time ago. . .like months ago, some few of which are still playable...but not the ones I downloaded yesterday and played last night!

Ok, thanks for the info. Based on these logs I cannot say what might have happened. 

deimos3@yahoo.com

OK  here are two other logs.  They are transcoder logs.  One is for the public domain movie I downloaded yesterday, the other is for a movie I've had for years.  Both movies disappeared from my files.  Maybe it's a transcoding problem?

transcode log 2.txt

transcode log.txt

darkassassin07

I downloaded some public domain movies yesterday... ...today they are gone

Is it possible your antivirus or something similar removed the newly added files?

OK  here are two other logs.  They are transcoder logs.  One is for the public domain movie I downloaded yesterday, the other is for a movie I've had for years.  Both movies disappeared from my files.  Maybe it's a transcoding problem?

No, it would be in the main emby server log. I wanted to see if you might have deleted them using the delete feature, but i saw no evidence of that.