emby black screens and closes on android 7.0, latest emby version.

cydrex

cydrex

so ive been using emby for a while on mobile now, but i got one issue. sometimes emby blackscreens and closes randomly during playback. i also had problem with stream not starting when subtitles were on (fixed when i turned subs off). 

also is there any way to enable 'direct play' and keep file's original quality, and have server sided encoding on because direct playing without server encoding lags and when i set server sided encoding it doesnt lag. my stream server has alot power to spare on encoding.

Hi there, what device is this on?

also is there any way to enable 'direct play' and keep file's original quality, and have server sided encoding on because direct playing without server encoding lags

The emby android app will always direct play whenever possible. Can you give an example of something that isn't'?

Rastilyn

I've noticed similar if not the same on my pixel 3 xl. After 3 to 5 minutes the screen goes black and it seems like it goes to the background. I get a notification tile but the length goes to 00:00. This only happens when I'm playing outside my network. I have not heard if any reports from people playing through apple TVs. I did experience this about 2 weeks ago but though it was a fluke until I tried again today and got the same issue.

I'm running a beta server and beta Android app as well.