Emby not reconizing TVshows

nyplayer

nyplayer

Why does emby not recognize these as TVShows  ??? It should be able to ?

\TVShows\Law & Order (1990) - S09E10 - Hate -6279852-0.ts

\TVShows\The Unit (2006) - S01E01 - First Responders -6276314-0.ts

Happy2Play

Why does emby not recognize these as TVShows  ??? It should be able to ?

\TVShows\Law & Order (1990) - S09E10 - Hate -6279852-0.ts

\TVShows\The Unit (2006) - S01E01 - First Responders -6276314-0.ts

Emby requires a Series folder.  At some point they would like to support this no structure loose episodes structure.

nyplayer

Emby requires a Series folder.  At some point they would like to support this no structure loose episodes structure.

Too bad that is the way Sage records … back to Plex. I was hoping to be able play Sage Recordings in EMBY.... so for now will use Plex.

Edited by nyplayer

Deathsquirrel

Too bad that is the way Sage records … back to Plex. I was hoping to be able play Sage Recordings in EMBY.... so for now will use Plex.

You can play them but you'll need to setup a tool to move them into separate series for each folder automatically first.

nyplayer

You can play them but you'll need to setup a tool to move them into separate series for each folder automatically first.

I do not want to do that because then SageTV will no recognize them.... I am happy for now using Plex. SageTV is the only DVR that will let me record all New Shows that are airing now and the future on OTA HD Broadcast channels during Prime Time without knowing the titles..... So I needed a way to view these remotely... as I will be away from home for a bit.

Edited by nyplayer