Can't access shared drives

bigc55

bigc55

Good morning.  I'm currently running Ubuntu 18.04.  I've installed Emby server but it will not see my shared drives on my server.  I have them mounted locally in Ubuntu and can access them without issue.  However when i try to put in the location in the file folder section of Emby i get...

The path could not be found.  Please ensurse the path is valid and try again.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to get this to work.  i have Emby running on a Windows machine with no issues accessing my network shares, but on Ubuntu it's a no go.

Thanks for the help.

bigc55

I have the user set on the server with full permission. I'm assuming you mean the user that I use to log on to Linux. Or is there something else

Emby server creates a user on your system called emby and runs under that, so that user will need permission. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

mastrmind11

Thanks. Is there a password associated with that?

emby is a system user, so no.

bigc55

So when i go to add emby to my server it say it already exists in system.  Really confusing why i can't get the shared drives in Emby but are mounted and accessible for me in Ubuntu desktop.

Any other thoughts?

mastrmind11

So when i go to add emby to my server it say it already exists in system.  Really confusing why i can't get the shared drives in Emby but are mounted and accessible for me in Ubuntu desktop.

Any other thoughts?

you don't add emby as a user, it is created automatically when you install emby on your server.  what you need to do is ensure that emby has access to your mounts.  ie, add the emby user to the group that has read/write permission to the mounts on your server.

Edited by mastrmind11