Hi so i just updated my server from Emby server 3.5.3.0 to 4.0.3.0 and the first thing i noticed

deallier

deallier

Hi so i just updated my server from Emby server 3.5.3.0 to 4.0.3.0 and the first thing i noticed

is the playlists is back , so how do i get rid of it is the next question it is a nice thing to have but the problem is everyone can see everyone's playlists and that is no good to me because most of the people who use the server don't  know each other,

second as i am here the sync option the problem is anyone can sync to anyone's device i think it would be better if you could only sync to the devices that you last logged in with

other than that can the sync option be turned off but keep the download option on because at the moment it is both or none

next user schedule can we have the option to be able to give accesses up to a set date

plus in the user profile tab on the dashboard where you have Profile , Access , Parental control  and Password settings it would be good if we had a devices tab that when clicked on listed all the devices that the user last used and then the option to disable devices from here.

or in the user Access tab there it says Enable access from all devices just list devices that that user have last used.

ok now on to recordings it would be nice to be able to have each users recording separate

i was thinking that if a user had the option to be able to see just the recording that they have recorded, and then click on a tab to see all recordings that would be great

i understand why it was done this way at the moment so that you don't have multiples recordings of the same think but i think with a database if a program is being recorded and then another user wants to record the same thing it doesn't have to have two recordings just set the database so that the second user has it marked in there recordings too  

there are many things i can think of but not all today

i think Emby is great but it could be even better.

you do a great job thanks   

Did your upgrade process go smooth and are experiencing any issues?

I am also on 3.5.3 and want to upgrade but are not sure if i should wait or not

deallier

the upgrade process went smooth and as of yet no issues to report.

i thought the same so i backed up all Emby folders first just in case i needed to revert back to 3.5.3

but all went well,

i just hope the memory problem is sorted that was the only real problem i had before

thewhale21

IIRC there was no global setting to turn playlists off as i had the same issue, you can however turn it off for each user individually, if you go into "settings > Home screen > then untick display on home screen"

IIRC there was no global setting to turn playlists off as i had the same issue, you can however turn it off for each user individually, if you go into "settings > Home screen > then untick display on home screen"

Yes this is something that needs to be improved. Thanks