Setting up network shares for Emby in Linux Mint

bigc55

bigc55

Installed Emby server on my Linux Mint machine (quite a novice with linux).  I'm trying to get to my Movies folder during the setup up but so far am having no luck.

I can go through where it say folder, choose network, see my server, choose that (smb:server) then choose the folder.  When I do that nothing shows in the folder field.  Everything just goes away.  If in the field manually it says the path could not be found.

please help!

thanks.

mastrmind11

Installed Emby server on my Linux Mint machine (quite a novice with linux).  I'm trying to get to my Movies folder during the setup up but so far am having no luck.

I can go through where it say folder, choose network, see my server, choose that (smb:server) then choose the folder.  When I do that nothing shows in the folder field.  Everything just goes away.  If in the field manually it says the path could not be found.

please help!

thanks.

make sure emby has at least read permission to the folder you're trying to add.  you're better off mounting the smb share locally and pointing emby to that.  plenty of tutorials out there for how to mount shared drives.