Media Browser Classic doesnt honour screen saver setting?

feardamhan
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

feardamhan

MB3 classic running on windows7 with WMC. Screensaver checkbox is off, yet the screensaver still activates. I even tried setting the screensaver timeout to something longer than the windows hibernate settings, but it still kicks in!

Its also disabled at a windows level.

Thoughts?

Thanks

What screen saver kicks in?  The checkbox in MBC only governs the internal MBC screen saver.  You have to control any others at their respective levels (Windows or WMC).

feardamhan

So I may need to clarify this. Looking at it again. It may well be the picture slideshow that is kicking in. It seems to be a bunch of photos rather than a screensaver. As mentioned in the first post, I have screensaver disabled at all levels. But there doesnt appear to be a way to disable the slideshow? This was configurable before from recollection, though I I'm not sure at what version.

That is not a part of MBC.  It is WMC itself.  Look in the settings for that.

bloodtaker

Cover Screen Saver is what this sounds like.

It is a plugin for MBC that I run from time to time. It will activate and start showing the images like so.

I could be wrong but what you describe is how mine acts when I activate it.

coverss.png

Edited by bloodtaker

• Solution

Blood - he said he had our screen saver turned off.

Sounds like the standard WMC one that shows a wall of photos and moves around and zooms on them.  It is a separate setting in WMC setup.

• Like 1

feardamhan

Thanks Chief. Spot on. Thought I had sussed out all those menus, but had missed the one under WMC-Settings-Pictures!