Bluetooth sync / skipping issue

drops77

drops77

When playing music the audio keeps stuttering every 5 to 6 seconds repeatedly like clockwork.

This started happening after the update last month in march and then i saw a message that the issue had been reported and that there were going to be updates until the Bluetooth issue was fix but then the updates just stopped and its still not working. No hardware change happened on my end. My car stereo to my pixel 3 running android 9 worked perfectly before and so did my bose QC 2 with my android phone. I even tried listening to music withing my network instead of remotely and it still happens.

No errors messages, no android logs i tried going into the location and it was empty.
I have included a screenshot and the server log,replaced my remote ip with "IPADRESS"

post-388965-0-80042100-1554740729_thumb.png

embyserver.txt

Edited by drops77

the1legend

@@Luke Hi, just came to say me too. At first the thought it was my new phone but the same music plays just fine in other apps via Bluetooth. OnePlus 6T, Emby 3.0.42 Beta.

rckrchrdsn

I am finding the same thing on an Android Tablet (Samsung A, Android 5.1) and a Samsung S5 (Android 6.2) using Bluetooth on Music tab only over Wireless Carrier (ATT). BT use on internal network has no stutter. Sound on Movies/TV/Live TV is fine under BT/carrier is great, no stutter. Sound on Music is fine when using direct headphone and over wireless carrier. I can use Amazon Prime Music, Pandora, I Heart Radio, Emby Tune In under BT/carrier conditions with no sound degradation. 

First noticed in car and then on my personal BT receiver. I get about 20 seconds of great sound every time a song starts, then millisecond(s) stutters long enough to be bothersome, which is continuous after that start up period. Interruptions sound like delays, not cut outs, in other words I hear all the notes and lyrics, but with very short pauses.  The interval between pauses gets shorter as time progresses and then levels out in frequency. 

Emby Server Version 4.0.3.0

Edited by rckrchrdsn

drops77

So there was an update 17hours ago on the android app that addressed a Video crash issue... somehow that also ended up fixing the Bluetooth issue for me. If anyone else can verify this please reply. This kinda sucks because if it was random and not related, our issue actually isnt fixed and will resurface once something else is changed. Im happy for now , so i guess ill update the tread when it breaks again. LOL

rckrchrdsn

I got the latest Android app update. It did NOT fix it on my S5.  Still starts hesitations at 20 seconds or so.

drops77

I got the latest Android app update. It did NOT fix it on my S5.  Still starts hesitations at 20 seconds or so.

I think maybe you should open a new thread with your server log. This i open specifically with the lag issue every 6 seconds from the beginning, that works like clockwork. Non stop repeatedly every 6 seconds any music audio would just stutter briefly.

• Like 2

drops77

Well my issue was fix since the video issue was fixed about over a week. I also switched to the beta and its not present. IDK if my particular issue was fixed on purpose but i had repeated stutter like clockwork around every 5-6 seconds. Which is different from what others have been reporting. IDK if this can be closed since its fixed so far. I am about to open another issue on server side...temp transcoding files are not automatically deleted..see you there . Lol

rckrchrdsn

The music jitter issue after 20 seconds of good music with Android Emby over BT was fixed by the Android Emby App update. THANKS!  I can now wonder all over listening to my music mix.  I have several services, but I like my own mixes, too!!! Thanks.

mrfragger

In my experience it stutters if there is still another active Bluetooth connection other than the Emby client device. Once I disconnect the other device the stuttering is non existent.

rckrchrdsn

In my experience it stutters if there is still another active Bluetooth connection other than the Emby client device. Once I disconnect the other device the stuttering is non existent.

So I just ran an experiment using the latest Android Emby app. I connected my phone and my wife's phone (same Samsung model, BT headsets, and both previously having same issue), connected both to our server using BT headsets, and played music from the same playlist simultaneously.  No jitter on either device. Previously both would jitter after 20 seconds whether one was connected or both.  From my POV the issue is solved.

Edited by rckrchrdsn