Emby Playback Issue

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

Hello.  I'm trying to stream a TV show from my server using Firefox and keep getting a "Playback Error - No Compatible Streams are currently available.  Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details". It just appears to be centered around one TV show "Alias".  I tried a few other shows and they stream just fine.

It works if I use the iOS app.

I'm attaching my log file, but have wiped out my DDNS name and IP address.

Thanks!

Emby Log.txt

Transcoding.txt

Edited by Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

Sorry, I should have mentioned that in a different post.  I tried Chrome with the same problem.  I also tried from the LAN using the IP address of the server, just in case, but got the same error.

Spyderturbo007

If you can tell me how to get it, sure.  I found the window in Firefox.  Tools -> Web Developer -> Debugger, but not sure what to do when I'm there.

Right click somewhere in the background, then select Inspect. From there go to the console tab. Thanks.

Spyderturbo007

Which section do you want?  I have Inspector, Console, Debugger, Style Editor, etc, etc.  Each section has multiple subsections.  There isn't an Export button or anything that even allows me to copy and paste the data.

5caf3909bfe32_Capture.jpg

Spyderturbo007

Got it.

It only happens with this particular TV show.  I haven't found any issues with anything else. 

Emby Log.txt

Edited by Spyderturbo007

Right now nothing obvious jumps out, but we're in process of releasing Emby Server 4.1, so please try that once available and let me know if anything changes. Thanks.

Spyderturbo007

Unfortunately, no luck.  Same error message as before after updating to v4.1.0.26

I'm attaching some new logs.  I'm not sure if it matters, but I noticed a few things.  When I initially get the error I can click the "Got it" button and it just reappears again, and again and again.  I clicked it about 10 times before I gave up and closed the browser tab.  It appears to create a new ffmpeg-transcode file each time it gives me the error.  I noticed that one time during that sequence of clicking the "Got it" button, it looks like it created a ffmpeg-remux file.

I'm not sure if any of that helps or not.

Thank you,

Transcoding.txt

Remux.txt

Emby Log.txt

Edited by Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

The file extension on these is .m4v.  I'm not sure what you mean by mov_text?  I checked some other shows with the same extension (m4v) and they work just fine. 

It just appears to be this particular show.

I just noticed that if I manually change the extension from .m4v to .mkv the file works just fine.  No errors.

Edited by Spyderturbo007

I just noticed that if I manually change the extension from .m4v to .mkv the file works just fine.  No errors.

Ah that's interesting info, thanks ! We can probably just have the server deliver them as mkv if that is true.

Question - if you rename them to mp4 how does that compare?

• 2 weeks later...
Spyderturbo007

Sorry for the delay.  I was out of the country for work.

Changing the extension to .mp4 works correctly.

Edited by Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

Yes. They only work when I change the extension to .mkv.  Both .mp4 and .m4v fail and produce the error message.