Which Intel NUC for Emby and 3D MVC?

nmbrg

Decided that trying to find a mediaplayer-solution that plays 3D MVC is a struggle i dont have time with.

So im looking for a Intel NUC that can run Emby and play 3D MVC.

And i've read that lots of Intel NUC's dont play 3D MVC.

So, which one do you recommend?

It should be able to handle both 3D MVC and atmos/dts-x, without problems/bugs.

Edited by nmbrg

Jdiesel

Just to clarify since you didn't mention an external player or Kodi specifically in your post, these are the only ways to playback 3D MVC files in Emby. For some reason this forum likes to spread half truths by saying things like Emby supports 3D but not staying which formats.

On Windows you must use an external player, I use MPC-HC with madVR on a Nvidia GPU personally, or use a specific Kodi build with a supported NUC.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266316

Just to clarify since you didn't mention an external player or Kodi specifically in your post, these are the only ways to playback 3D MVC files in Emby. For some reason this forum likes to spread half truths by saying things like Emby supports 3D but not staying which formats.

On Windows you must use an external player, I use MPC-HC with madVR on a Nvidia GPU personally, or use a specific Kodi build with a supported NUC.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266316

Ok, thanks.

Yeah i thought id use a Intel NUC with emby, and add some sort of external player.

But as i read a lot of intel nucs dont even support 3D MVC, i thought id start with getting the right hardware first. :)

Heres on thread on intel where theres a lot of anger going around.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490TrLSAU/intel-nuci7-3d-mvc-issue?language=en_US

Where the devs/mods just give up in the end and says its not supported on some of the nucs.

so was hoping someone KNEW which nucs actually works 100% with 3D MVC with Emby (and external player then ofc)

but ill read that thread you posted. thanks

Edited by nmbrg

Guest asrequested

I would think anything with a GTX 1050 and up would be ok. I don't have any MVC specific information, though.

i just ordered an zidoo z9s to try 3D MVC on, apparently that thing can handle it.

But dont think it will handle Emby. Or Netflix HD for that matter.

So guess i have to run two players.

really dont want a HTPC if i dont have to, its clunky and inconvenient with keyboard and mouse, since your pracitcally forced to use that in desktop when switching between apps like emby, netflix, etc..

and the nefflix app on windows is such an awful mess.

so if two players will solve my problem im fine with that, can just use two profiles on the harmoney remote. :)

Jdiesel

i just ordered an zidoo z9s to try 3D MVC on, apparently that thing can handle it.

But dont think it will handle Emby. Or Netflix HD for that matter.

So guess i have to run two players.

really dont want a HTPC if i dont have to, its clunky and inconvenient with keyboard and mouse, since your pracitcally forced to use that in desktop when switching between apps like emby, netflix, etc..

and the nefflix app on windows is such an awful mess.

so if two players will solve my problem im fine with that, can just use two profiles on the harmoney remote. :)

Most of the Android boxes that support MVC like the Zidoo do so using their own custom video player. If you are able to select that video player as an external player in Emby you should be good. Otherwise you can use EmbyCon directly in Kodi on the Zidoo with should definitely work.

Most of the Android boxes that support MVC like the Zidoo do so using their own custom video player. If you are able to select that video player as an external player in Emby you should be good. Otherwise you can use EmbyCon directly in Kodi on the Zidoo with should definitely work.

oh, that would be sweet.

Thought that Emby didnt worked in Zidoo since its a pretty custom android OS i think (if what ive read is true) and looking at the screenshots theres not much resembling android left in their os.