Premier member but no download?

wildwill532

wildwill532

I'm a premier member and on my phone I have the option to download, but on my Nvidia shield I don't have that option? Why is that.

samuelqwe

The feature hasn't been implemented in Android TV, as far as I'm aware. Maybe @@Luke or @@ebr can shed some light on that.

Correct.  The TV apps do not have this yet because they aren't really designed to run "off-line" like a mobile device.

wildwill532

Why would you not have this feature? This could be used to record upcoming shows that my wife likes to watch so she doesn't have to for another outlet to have it available?

Why would you not have this feature? This could be used to record upcoming shows that my wife likes to watch so she doesn't have to for another outlet to have it available?

Hi.  We have recording available in the app (although the recording occurs on the server).  Just not offline downloading...

• 2 weeks later...
CVXDEV

Correct.  The TV apps do not have this yet because they aren't really designed to run "off-line" like a mobile device.

More out of curiosity and for my knowledge is the dowload function a feature you decided not to implement or is it (technically) not possible?

Because looking at Netflix/Spotify/... for Android TV, for all the download options are not available, so I was wondering...

wildwill532

I'd like it because it would be much easier to dl to my external HDD on my shield as well as future tv shows for my wife vs a computer or my phone.

More out of curiosity and for my knowledge is the dowload function a feature you decided not to implement or is it (technically) not possible?

Because looking at Netflix/Spotify/... for Android TV, for all the download options are not available, so I was wondering...

It's possible to do, it's just that on a TV most people just want to click and play quickly with a remote, so that's why it's not being treated as high priority.

• Like 1

I'd like it because it would be much easier to dl to my external HDD on my shield as well as future tv shows for my wife vs a computer or my phone.

Hi.  Can you further explain what would be easier?

Directly recording on the shield to my HDD. Make it easier for my wife to use/record.

Okay, that is something very different from what is being requested here but why would that make it easier to use?

wildwill532

So we could long click and record future tv shows ect... Much more convenient. I got the phone app to run on the shield but hard to navigate since it wasn't designed for that.

So we could long click and record future tv shows ect... Much more convenient. I got the phone app to run on the shield but hard to navigate since it wasn't designed for that.

You can setup recordings from the app now.  From any screen showing a live TV program or from the Live TV guide.