TV shows not sorting correctly

weaselbran

weaselbran

It sorts TV shows and sometimes shows the new episode in the green bubble, sometimes moves the show to the front of latest TV, sometimes it does nothing. Sometimes, it looses episodes that were previously there. Once I. A while, when trying to fix the episode not sorted correctly, it will loose an episode on a different show altogether. Sometimes it will show the show but give errors when attempting to play and then lose the show altogether. It's kinda random but seems to be more on certain shows. Once the show ever sorts incorrectly, it will continue to sort incorrectly. I've removed the files from the folder and scanned the library (sometimes I have to scan multiple times to get it to forget) then put the show back either one at a time or all together (doesn't seem to matter) might work. Sometimes I have to let it sort them again and that only works sometimes.

Edited by weaselbran

weaselbran

In this example, it sorted and shows unwatched episodes for only Season 01. I sorted all 3 seasons and each episode has a .nfo file; but, seasons 0,2, 3 do not have a season .nfo. Therefore they don't show. Yesterday, I was trying to resort Dallas (2012) (it did not work) and it lost 2 episodes of Whiskey Cavalier which were previously there. I still haven't gotten it to see those episodes again.

embyserver.txt

post-38337-0-80092400-1554660138_thumb.png

post-38337-0-20526100-1554660152_thumb.png

post-38337-0-19025200-1554660160_thumb.png

sometimes moves the show to the front of latest TV

Hi there, this is all determined based on the "date added" value of your episodes, as well as whether or not the episodes are marked watched. Have you checked those two things?

weaselbran

I have checked all those things.

There are a couple of shows that are constant. Every week it sorts Chicago Med, Chicago Fire, and Chicago PD. Chicago Fire and Chicago PD usually work fine. Chicago Med always sorts but never creates a .nfo or shows up as a new episode. I does move the show to the front f the latest TV section as it should; but, no new episode bubble. I usually have to remove the episode, scan the library multiple times, and put the episode back. I may have to do this many times before it will finally see the episode.

Edited by weaselbran

weaselbran

Here, I have removed seasons 0, 2, and 3 and rescanned the library. I put the seasons back in and scanned the library. Seasons 0, 2, and 3 do notshow; however, it see some of the episodes. The new episode bubble on the main screen shows 26 episodes ( of which there are should be 41) and the show screen shows only season 1 with 10 episodes ( which is correct for that season). So, it sees some of the shows that were sorted; but, it is not creating the correct .nfo info for them to be displayed. Also, the Wiskey Cavalier show found the missing 2 episodes and then lost them again.

post-38337-0-32574100-1554662012_thumb.png

post-38337-0-01540800-1554662022_thumb.png

Edited by weaselbran

weaselbran

Apparently I shouldn't have mentioned that the files get moved to the front of the latest TV category. This issue is an arbitrary loss of TV episodes within EMBY. This past Friday, it sorted Hawaii Five-0's new episode. The file was moved to the correct location, no .nfo file was created and the episode was not listed in EMBY. Furthermore, the last 2 episodes that were listed dissapeared from EMBY. I attempted multiple times to remove the files and get EMBY to see the episodes again. The only way I successfully got EMBY to see the episodes was to remove all database info files except the video files themselves and move the entire show to a different hard drive and perform a library scan. Although this fix did apparently work for this show, the fix has been different each time it loses episodes. Now it has decided to lose episodes from a different show. It seems to be randomly progressing through all of the shows slowly.

Try doing this without auto organize as that is a community plugin and it may be adding some unforeseen variations here. Thanks.