Movie alternative names

Ninko

Ninko

Hi,

Is there a way to tell Emby to use the movie name used in your own country, in my case, the UK?

Hi, you configured your metadata language and country for each of your libraries?

Ninko

Yeah, that's the first thing I checked, but it still only uses the default movie name and not the alternative name used in the UK.

Ninko

Oh I know that but I thought that was the whole point of selecting your language so it grabs the information related to your country?

pwhodges

Well, that also relies on the on-line info having the information you need.  That can be further complicated if the same movie has been issued under different names in the same country...

Ninko

I checked the film in question and the correct alternative name for the UK is there, hence why I'm asking why Emby doesn't use it?

When you set your language and country in the movie db website, what title does it show for that movie?

• 2 weeks later...
Ninko

As far as I could tell it still showed the wrong title, so I'm confused, how and when do the alternative names get used?

crusher11

Is having an alternate title be searchable possible? For example if I have The Wrong Man in my collection, which is its Australian title, is there a way to make it show up under a search for 'Lucky Number Slevin'?