Problem scraping Batman the Animated Series

jsc1205

jsc1205

I'm having a huge problem trying to get Emby to list the Batman the Animated Series correctly.  I want it to list the shows in DVD/Bluray order (which is the production order) but when I select DVD as the display order, it does it fine for the first 20 or so episodes then jacks the rest up.  The files are labeled in production order as well (order they are on the Bluray).  I have tried refreshing the metadata numerous times and also switched from aired and absolute and its still jacked up.

Here is the other weird thing.....in Plex if I choose absolute, the first season (65 episodes in production order vs 60 aired order) shows up exactly the way it should.  BUT...when you look at season 2, its jacked up!?

Does anyone have any idea whats going on and how to fix this??  THANKS!

Hi, what does "jacked up" mean? Can you please provide more detail? Thanks.

jsc1205

Hi, what does "jacked up" mean? Can you please provide more detail? Thanks.

"Jacked up" as in not in the correct order, jumbled around.  

I have it set to display in DVD order.  It lists the episodes in season 1 all the way down to episode #28 in the correct order.  But after #28 it goes to #61-#65, then #4-#28, then #3-#8 and these episode numbers do not match the actual file number (for example, Emby takes file name s01e51 and labels it as episode #4.  The file is named correctly per the DVD or production order, but when Emby scrapes it, or if I refresh the metadata, it doesnt even match the DVD, nor the aired order either.

Changing it to absolute order does nothing but mirror the aired display order

Edited by jsc1205

Deathsquirrel

The naming of the files should be in the tvdb order, whatever that is.  Then, after it scrapes, you can set the episode order in the metadata editor for that show.

jsc1205

The naming of the files should be in the tvdb order, whatever that is.  Then, after it scrapes, you can set the episode order in the metadata editor for that show.

Tried the route of naming the files in the tvdb order then changing the display order in Emby to DVD or absolute....did not work.

jsc1205

The instructions on how to name them can be found here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56616-3311-dvd-absolute-episode-ordering/

It seems to work just fine in my testing. Once you've read that, if you still have an issue, please go over a specific example in detail. Thanks.

I found another thread where someone was having the same issue as me with Batman the Animated Series (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56616-3311-dvd-absolute-episode-ordering/page-4)

I have also followed your instructions from the link and displaying the episodes in DVD order is still not working correctly.  I have labeled each episodes file name exactly how I want it to be displayed in Emby.  Its like Emby starts changing the display order and then hiccups half way through the process.  With DVD order selected for the display, it correctly displays episodes 1-21, then every episode after 21 is NOT in the order they should be with DVD order selected.  When looking at the metadata, its correct, but how Emby is displaying the episode is not and does not match the metadata info.  This is the problem with Season 1

For Season 2, everything is messed up.  s02e01 in DVD order should be displayed as the episode titled "Sideshow".  BUT....the metadata is even wrong and shows up as the episode titled "Eternal Youth" which is actually episode 29 in Season 1 (DVD display order)!!!  Not only that, but I have one of the Specials files showing up in Season 2 as well

Please go over specific examples of file names, as well as what you feel is not correct in Emby. Thanks.