Chromecast not responding on a secured connection

TheFurryCanadian

TheFurryCanadian

Hi. I've been trying to get my Chromecast to connect to my emby server for the past few hours. I have set up my connection to be on a secured network (ssl) and now I can see and select the Chromecast, but the Chromecast will only show the ready to cast logo. There is no way of clicking a show on both my phone and my PC. I'm running emby on a Ubuntu 18.04 server.

Hi there, what kind of ssl certificate? You need to be using a cert that Chromecast will trust or this will happen.

TheFurryCanadian

I built mine using lets encrypt. It use to happen before where it would only show the emby logo, but a reconnect would fix that, now its not working. My emby works fine on my TV, computer and phone, but i simply cant cast, Im not sure if its an update or the fact that I've switched servers. 

Also thank you for the fast response, I'm sure your a busy guy!

TheFurryCanadian

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56771-chromecast-address/&do=findComment&comment=553196

I found this, and I'm having the same issues. I think its because I have 2 routers. 1 is my home network (it is where my internet comes into my house, and the other is connected to that one using Ethernet to both save Ethernet and also for port forwarding ease (all my ports on 1 connect to 1 IP, then they are split in 2). I had the same set up before when it was working but now it seems to not be. Should i try hosting emby on another server connected to router 1. i would love to figure out a work around.

Internet-------------Router 1-----------Router 2-------------Emby Server 

^that is how its set up