scan new files only - looping home media - stop force shuffle

zachary24

zachary24

I decided to go ahead and just throw several things I wanted to mention as one instead of making multiple posts.

From what I can tell "Scan for new and updated files", also scans files that are already in the db, which yes for normal libraries is perfectly fine, however when you have one library with currently 250,000 + files (adding daily) checking every file takes forever (this is all just my assumption but I'm pretty sure this is what emby is doing) as scanning the full library took way longer than just scanning a single folder with only around 100 files (about 50 files that were "new" on both scans)

So first I want to mention I am able to achieve what I want by adding "loop" to the <video> tag via the web app, but that still leaves all the other clients (for me mostly samsung and ios as I rarely use the web app), pretty much for very short videos loop/replay is nearly a necessity if you actually want to see it, especially for live photos, I thought about creating a script that would just frequently scan my home media folder, find files under 20 seconds, make a new gif file out of it with ffmpeg then place into a subdirectory, however I soon realized while gifs are indeed lossless they somehow manage to look horrific and be about 10x the original file size.. plex does have a loop feature which if you ask me is quite pointless as it takes several seconds between end, reload, play.

lastly, I'm still to this day using plex for all my photos (sadly), as much as I love emby and the creators imho forcing "shuffle" on photos is the dumbest thing, (as far as I can tell this is not able to be disabled), every single time you click on a photo within emby you have to click a button to stop the player from moving on to the next photo..

Hi.  Please do separate these as it is impossible to properly track mult-posts like this.

Thanks.

So first I want to mention I am able to achieve what I want by adding "loop" to the

Can't you just use the repeat mode function that we already have?