Smart TV Query

outlaw69uk

outlaw69uk

Hi Guys

Looking for a new TV, and, wanted to check, is it only the Samsung I can get Emby on? Not sure I actually want one of those haha

J

CBers

Or buy any TV and plug a Shield, MiBox, Fire TV device, Apple TV or Roku into it :)

outlaw69uk

We also support LG as well.

Cheers, I have been searching, I would prefer built in as am getting fed up with the android app on fire tv so, Samsung and LG it will be :) Cheers guys

CBers

Cheers, I have been searching, I would prefer built in as am getting fed up with the android app on fire tv so, Samsung and LG it will be :) Cheers guys

If you're fed up with the Fire TV app, then switching to the ET app on a TV may disappoint you more :)

What are you issues with the Fire TV (ATV) app ? Care to expand ?

outlaw69uk

If you're fed up with the Fire TV app, then switching to the ET app on a TV may disappoint you more :)

What are you issues with the Fire TV (ATV) app ? Care to expand ?

Its more the firestick itself, underpowered and slow. I would say the "theatre" option is nicer to look at than the android one, if that makes sense? Technically its fine, but, I like pretty haha

FrostByte

At least HDR works with ET  :P

• Like 1

CBers

At least HDR works with ET :P

It does on the Shield.

Garbage in, Garbage out :P

• Like 1

outlaw69uk

It does on the Shield.

Garbage in, Garbage out :P

I will be getting a shield too at some point haha

I dont get this HDR thing... yet! haha

CBers

I will be getting a shield too at some point haha

I dont get this HDR thing... yet! haha

Currently, there is a bug in the Shield software, whereby it doesn't trigger HDR if cropped content is played.

Cropped content is any HDR content that is not 3840x2160 dimensions.

Providing the content isn't cropped, HDR is triggered fine.

• Like 1

CBers

Its more the firestick itself, underpowered and slow. I would say the "theatre" option is nicer to look at than the android one, if that makes sense? Technically its fine, but, I like pretty haha

Sorry, we'll have to disagree on the aesthetics :)

Although ET is very similar, the ATV app on the Shield (should be the same on the Fire TV) is IMO much better.

The Shield is a lot more powerful than a Fire Stick, so you would get ait better response and smoother navigation.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

outlaw69uk

Sorry, we'll have to disagree on the aesthetics :)

Although ET is very similar, the ATV app on the Shield (should be the same on the Fire TV) is IMO much better.

The Shield is a lot more powerful than a Fire Stick, so you would get ait better response and smoother navigation.

Just my opinion.

Its all about opinions :) I will find out soon enough :)

Never really used the ET, so, unsure. Yeah, firesticks (at least the one I have) are very underpowered. I made the mistake of trying to use Kodi, and the emby kodi app, and, aye,that didnt work right haha. Only has 2Gb storage anyway, and a weak processor. May change out to the newer 4k one, but, I may also get a shield for the bedroom instead, in fact, all the more likely

Really appreciate the input though, genuinely. I had thought about a shield, but dont know anyone who has one. Needed a new TV though, so, best of both worlds at the mo

• Like 1

Jambercob

I would personally recommend one of the TCL Roku TV's. We have one of the 55" 4K models in our bedroom, one of the smaller 32" ones in our sons bedroom and they work flawlessly.

The Roku app is easily one of the smoothest emby apps out there. We have a Samsung 3D TV in the living room and hooked a Roku Ultra up to it and forgot the smart interface even existed. The smart TVs all seem to have a clunky, slow interface compared to a Roku. I have also seen the 4K Apple TV app in action and it appears very smooth, not sure about a Shield but because of the specs I would make the assumption that it will also be very smooth.

• Like 1

outlaw69uk

Well, I got it set up yesterday, works fine, definitely replaces the firestick thats for sure

Not sure about Roku? Do we get them over here in the UK? I have seen the name about a lot

Well, I got it set up yesterday, works fine, definitely replaces the firestick thats for sure

Not sure about Roku? Do we get them over here in the UK? I have seen the name about a lot

Yes Roku is a great option as well.