Profiles

ServerGuy

ServerGuy

Hey Emby community,

Im brainstorming the best way to accomplish this, ideas welcome or if I need an enhancement request let me know...

I would like if my younger child could switch to a "profile" that only displays movies for him easily. This sounds simple but I have requirements that complicate it.

First, filters get too complicated to use for younger children.

Second, I do not want to see other profiles outside my household, such as if I have friends using my server, they can see their family profiles, but not mine.

Third, I don't want to make the users visible on the initial login screen

Fourth, even if I were to show each user on the initial login screen, I couldn't leave it with a blank password to let my young child use it easily. Passwords and young children dont mix well.

It's almost as if I need a household account with profiles beneath them so that the household account would be your initial Emby login, and profiles live beneath it and you can click between any profile in your household.

If this exists or someone has an idea to accomplish this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hi.  This is done with users in the current system.  You can setup parental controls to only show what is appropriate.

You can also set it up so that a password is not required on the local network so that they can log in easily.

Happy2Play

Does that solution still meet requirement 2 and 3?

The next server release (4.1) will have more options.

5ca55cf2b109d_user.jpg

They are visible or require manual login.  You can not select and choose who sees who.

Edited by Happy2Play

ServerGuy

That looks awesome, does it handle the reverse? Say for another household, they could see the grouping of their users vs another group of remote users?

That looks awesome, does it handle the reverse? Say for another household, they could see the grouping of their users vs another group of remote users?

No, could be something to consider for the future though. Thanks.