How to toggle captions while in the middle of a Movie/TV show?

gr8t100

gr8t100

On a Nvidia Shield and to the best of my ability I haven't found a way to toggle closed caption while in the middle of a TV show or movie. Is there a even way to because as of now I have to exit whatever I am watching, go to that episode/movie's info page, toggle captions, and then resume where I was at.

Mibok

I think that showing that on screen menu either pressing up or down on the directional pad could help. Currently that menu appears if you press down, but if you press up instead it shows the chapter selection menu and it's confusing sometimes.

I think that showing that on screen menu either pressing up or down on the directional pad could help. Currently that menu appears if you press down, but if you press up instead it shows the chapter selection menu and it's confusing sometimes.

That is good feedback I think but, unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have an angry mob with pitchforks to deal with if we do... ;)

maegibbons

I have a pitchfork in both hands... so good call!

Krs

Mark

• Like 2

Spaceboy

It doesn’t sound that confusing? The same action always produces the same result. And the CC icon is fairly universally recognised I think

• Like 1

I have a pitchfork in both hands... so good call!

Krs

Mark

Please set them down and give the next beta a chance... :)