List other movies that belong to the current movie's collection in movie detail

kesm

Hi, 

I did a research but I have not found any topics about this.

I think it could be useful to have a list of collections that have the current movie in movie details, or lists with name of the collection and all the movies inside that collection

It could be added before "More Like This". This section could help to reach easily a movie, in example : 

Star Wars IX is available in emby so I see it on the homepage in last added but I hadn't see Star Wars VIII yet
I go to Star Wars IX movie details, I scroll down, I see a section named Star Wars Collection that list all Star Wars movies and I'm able to go to Star Wars VIII

• Like 1

Yes something like the second link, sorry for the double topic, 

I was thinking of something like this : 

I3M5Nn2.jpg

Well there's actually open requests already to show the collections that a movie belongs to. I think between that and this we can really only pick one or the other because it would be overkill to do both.

I don't think we'd want to show the full contents of every collection this item may belong to.  Instead, just list the collections themselves and you can enter one of them if you wish.

Yes, a list of collection instead of a list of movies will be enough and could help to navigate between movies

arrbee99

Assuming I'm actually talking about the same thing, wouldn't it be best to just ensure that the first items of More Like This are either other items in that movies collection (if any), or a poster to the movie collection itself.

Fr'instance I clicked on our recently added Monsters University and it went to that item. Under that items More Like This Monsters Inc was actually the last in the list, not the first.

Assuming I'm actually talking about the same thing, wouldn't it be best to just ensure that the first items of More Like This are either other items in that movies collection (if any), or a poster to the movie collection itself.

Fr'instance I clicked on our recently added Monsters University and it went to that item. Under that items More Like This Monsters Inc was actually the last in the list, not the first.

Not completely the same thing.  People want to see when a particular movie belongs to a collection.  Being in "More Like This" wouldn't necessarily convey that.

arrbee99

I thought they more wanted a quick way to see / get to other movies in the collection (if any). This would do that without adding an extra row. The OP could get to his Star Wars VIII like this, though if the collection is too big would be best to just show the collections item first in the list.