Slow/ No channel playback Emny theater

brijenjas

brijenjas

Hi I have a new install of Windows 10 Home with Ryzen 3 2200G.

I have Emby server and Emby theater both installed on this machine.

I have been having an issue with slow loading TV guide and channel tuning through all apps but especially slow with Emby theater.

Earlier today I could not even play a channel in Emby Theater, got the spinning circle for a few minutes then it was gone, guide still showed but I had to use task manager to shut theater down.

On my LG TV app I was able to play channels.

Any help or input would be appreciated

Attached log from today only:

Emby server log Emby theater wouldnt play tv channel.txt

denz

It is transcoding that is why it is slow. Now the question is why is it doing that on a pc it should direct play everything. In your logs are there ffmpeg-transcode logs if there is attach one here after playing live tv.

Things to check in your server see the transcoding option and disable hardware acceleration if it is on or auto.

Also when the video starts click on the cog wheel and click stats for nerds and take a screenshot.

Then report back

Edited by denz

brijenjas

Thanks ,Okay , I turned off hardware acceleration in the server and emby theater. Still unable to play live TV in emby theater on my PC.

Live TV plays okay from the server (DirectStream) and kind of okay from my LG app(DirectPlay), I will try again tomorrow as the wife is watching a movie now.

denz

To help with troubleshooting make sure no one is using your hdhomerun restart your server so the logs are not full of information then start live tv attach the whole log after removing your external ip address and attach ffmpeg-transcode log.

As I said theatre should just about direct play anything inside the local network.

Are you able to make a recording and see does that direct play.

Another thing to check is the anti virus software. I would disable it until you finish testing and then enable it afterwards just in case that is causing an issue.

Edited by denz

brijenjas

This is still happening, I can't tune to channel or play a recording with Emby Theater.

I won't have time to fiddle with this until Sunday. Will clear logs and try to run theater again and post back then.

Thanks for your patience.

brijenjas

Hi , I got theater working.

I reinstalled it and left all settings at default, then I changed the few settings I had before one at a time.

When I changed . settings>video>3D conversion mode to none, theater stopped tuning to channels or playing recordings. Any other setting in 3d conversion also caused this.

Why had I changed this setting you ask, because I don't have any 3d sources or tv.

Any way theater is working good  now except for subtitles.

Thanks for your help

Edited by brijenjas

denz

Great to hear that it is working. I try not to touch any one those settings accept deinterlace and hardware accelleration. 

Guest asrequested

The 3D options have been removed from mpv. In the next release of Theater, that option will also be removed. The options are being simplified.

• Like 1