Recording size and convert feature

roberthleeii

roberthleeii

Before the most recent update to emby server I had all of my recordings automatically converted on the TV/Original quality setting. This saved me a lot of space and made the playing of most of the media a little easier on all the rokus in my house. After the update the files started coming out larger than the original files so I stopped. Is there a reason for this? I would like to go back to converting them so I can save some space.

Thank you,

Happy2Play

Unless your converting at a lower bitrate, I can see no way the file is going to be that much smaller as the only thing changing would be the audio track.  But you will need to provide a specific example with the server and ffmpeg logs.

blackboy211

Have you checked out our media convert feature?

Love the update notes. Question it says version 3.4. I went to check my version on my android device it says i have version 4.0.2.0. 

Is Version 3.4 for windows emby server or something? Will these changes apply to all the users run emby server on an android device? 

3.4 is from several months ago, so the media convert feature is not exactly brand new anymore. I just linked to that announcement because it's a good place to read about it.