Reruns - Prevent already watched content from showing in "continue watching"?

hstamas

hstamas

Here is maybe an odd use case but wondering what can be done.

Ive cut the cord for the most part from traditional cable and use my existing library of TV shows exclusively. A lot of the time I like to simulate a cable tv experience by having programing running in the background so I can casually watch when I want or not pay attention when I dont. I randomly flip between shows letting them play at random. When ever I do this I make sure its stuff Ive already seen and is marked as watched in Emby. Its a great way to actually use the files sitting in my library rather than just having them saved for the sake of having them. 

As an example, I will queue up all the episodes of American Dad that I have in my collection and start them playing in random order. This simulates watching the reruns on TBS without having to actually have cable.

Whats happening by doing this though is my "continue watching" and"in progress" lists are filling up with these half watched (but already fully watched previously) episodes and bumping off the actual new stuff that I would want to really be in these lists.

If any of this makes any sense is there a way to prevent this from happening? If its already been fully watched dont list it in the "continue watching" section etc.

Edited by hstamas
  • Like 1

mastrmind11

This actually makes a lot of sense.  I'm giving you a +1, but it should be per-library feature as this definitely doesn't apply to movies, at least in my house.

It is still the same request.  That is just an implementation detail.

Thanks.

hstamas

Yeah definitely only want it for TV. Just trying to recreate a cable TV experience without dunking up the Emby interface with 50 half watched, already watched programs.