MB3 does not have the right structure

jp2code

jp2code

REFERENCE: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser

So, I downloaded MB3 at work, experimented on it, and came home to install it on the media PC.

Someone posted an update to it 2 hours ago, and now the Read Me instructions on the front page are gone.

I downloaded the zip to install it, but when I select it, XBMC tells me "Add-on does not have the correct structure."

So, did that guy break it?

If so, I'm reporting that it is currently broken.

jp2code

OK. I saw that one a few days ago, but the interface was confusing. It looks like an iPhone app and I wanted the XBMC plug-in.

That site (http://mediabrowser.tv) seems to be missing some information for new people coming in.

I already have Media Center Master running for XBMC, so I do not need the Media Browser server. Right?

So, that leaves the Living Room Apps. What is the difference between Media Browser Theater and Media Browser Classic? Why doesn't it include any information there?

[EDIT]: OK, I was able to find the Add-Ons section way down at the bottom, in smaller font: http://addons.xbmc.org/show/plugin.video.xbmb3c

Who maintains it? The Forum Discussion link points to a thread that has been closed and locked, and tells everyone to go to THIS FORUM. That's fine, but new visitors should be directed to that link first, rather than after they read through 30 pages of resolved issues before discovering that.

Hopefully, these comments will help someone.

Koleckai Silvestri

Media Browser works by installing the server. This is the cornerstone of the system. The server makes your media available to the various clients. The Server will also download metadata and create caches.

You then install various clients on your devices... XBMC and its plugin is just another client in the wide variety of devices support.

@@xnappo is the primary developer for the XBMC client plugin.

Edited by Wayne Luke

jp2code

XBMC is my server. I just want the client that works with the plug-in.

Thanks.

Koleckai Silvestri

The only Plugin here makes XBMC a client of the Media Browser server. It does not make XBMC into a server or allow you to use it with other clients.

Edited by Wayne Luke
  • Like 1

The server is Media Browser.  Nothing in our line-up will work without it.  That's why installing that is step one on the main web site.

Beardyname

XBMC is my server. I just want the client that works with the plug-in.

Thanks.

wat ?

Now i do agree that it can be a little confusing at first, but xbmc is a client that plays media.

The MediaBrowser project is like this :

http://oi40.tinypic.com/333ad77.jpg

Note that this image is a little outdated and the server also runs under linux and osx

jp2code

So, the server is just some tool to let other devices connect to my media.

That's all?

A tutorial I was watching on YouTube (very old) was showing how to use it with Media Center Master to enable movie trailers in XBMC.

That is all I am after.

Well, it is an entire media management and delivery platform.

I have no idea what video you found but it may not have even been our product.

jp2code

This video references setting up Media Center Master to work with Media Browser.

This is the only Media Browser there seems to be, although it does appear to have multiple places where it is hosted.

jp2code

Here is where he talks about Media Browser.

It was uploaded on 20 Jan. 2012:

Koleckai Silvestri

With videos that old, he is referring to the old MediaBrowser 2 version. That version is no longer developed or available. In 2013, MediaBrowser was redeveloped as a server/client system with light clients on many different operating systems. The server maintains the media and makes sure the video is in a format the client supports through transcoding.

Closest equivalent would be Plex.

• Like 1