Library update interval

processcreative
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

processcreative

Hi everyone

Apologies if this has been posted before, I've had a search and can't find an equivalent answer.

I have Emby running on a Synology Ds718+, all my files are on a DS415Play, mounted as a SMB share within the 718.

All works perfectly... my question is this: as the files are not hosted on the 718, the library update cannot monitor in real-time, am I correct in assuming this? Plex can't do this either, but I can manually set Plex to update the library every 2 hours (or whatever time period I want). I can't see anything like this in Emby, so I've been manually refreshing when new media is added (apart from Sonarr content, which I have set to update library when new episodes are added).

It's mainly for my music folder, when I add a new album it's takes at least an hour before it appears, unless I manually rescan.

Many thanks in advance...

JF.

• Solution

library update cannot monitor in real-time, am I correct in assuming this

Hi, it really depends. We use INotify, so it depends on whether or not INotify supports your file system.

Yes you can adjust the schedule of the library scan in the scheduled tasks section of the server dashboard. To learn more, please check out our Scheduled Tasks wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Scheduled-tasks

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

processcreative

Hi, thank you yes, the Scheduled Tasks was what I was after... I've set it to scan every hour, the NAS runs through this very quickly so it's not a resource hog. By default it was set to every 12 hours I think, hence my items were taking a long time to show up.

All sorted now and working perfectly, thanks!