May 11 Update - No Longer Plays Media

inconsiderate

inconsiderate

Android App Version 1.0.43 (May 11 update)

I'm not sure how to produce a log in Android, or I could supply it.

I start the app, it finds and connects to the server with no problem. I can refresh movies and tv shows, and new shows are being added correctly. No problem there. However when I navigate to any media file (in this case an episode of SNL), and hit play, I see the background fanart image, the "loading" spinning wheel appear for approx 2 seconds, then the app sits on the fanart image and does nothing. It is still responsive, I can tap Back, I can tap the screen to bring up the controls (as shown in the screenshot below), but the media will not play. I tried playing files which I had previously played through the app and nothing works.

If I turn off the screen or switch to a different app, then come back to the MediaBrowser app, the screen is black except for the blue MB title bar at the top of the screen, and the app becomes completely unresponsive. At this point I have to tap Home and kill the app process.

All of these issues happen on my Nexus 5 phone, my Nexus 7 tablet, and my girlfriend's Nexus 4 phone. I tried playing through Chromecast, with the same result.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I tried deleting the server info and reentering everything. 

post-3212-0-65010500-1399938319_thumb.png

Sorry to hear that. Works fine here. I'm sure Red will get you squared away once he sees this.

thefirstofthe300

This sounds like the problem that I had to a T.

What I did to fix the problem:

1.  Shutdown the server

2.  Delete all connections in the Android client

3.  Start the server

4.  Connect to the server again

The above steps worked for me with the latest update.

Hope it works for you.

inconsiderate

....interesting. That fixed it, thanks DaBungalow.

It seems to be taking a lot longer to play now though. Where previously it would load (or buffer, or whatever) for around 3 seconds, now it's taking about 7 seconds before the video starts to play.

But it's working again after doing the above suggestion.

thefirstofthe300

Glad to hear it is at least playing something now.  :)

I have noticed a few bugs myself.  Just haven't gotten around to reporting them yet.  (Also need to be able to reproduce 100% of the time.)

AxeMan

Im seeing some oddities like this also. But I also am screwing around with custom firmware on my router lately, so can't find the source yet.

I get a couple of false starts in the android client, and stuttering playback on the web client, regardless of whether I am on the local Lan or remote.

I saw the earlier thread about the dev build, didn't help. Reverted my router firmware to stock, still nothing. I even uninstalled coverart and mb intros plugins (again, they were recently installed).

One thing I noticed is that ffmpeg seems to take more cpu as of late, was that updated?