Crash report

thefirstofthe300

thefirstofthe300

Ok.  Here are the server AND android logs.

Just to update this topic.  I did a reboot of the server, reconnected the android client after the reboot, and added path substitution to my MB3 server configuration and the app will now playback media (I doubt that the problem had anything to do with path substitution as I added that before the server reboot and the app still wouldn't play).

After taking a look at the transcode logs, it appears that the server isn't attempting to transcode to 1080p, the app just thinks it is.  However, I noticed another problem.  Whenever I navigate a movie via the progress bar instead of the Fast-Forward button, when I hit the fast forward button to jump by 30 seconds, the app goes back to where it was before I manually navigated and THEN jumps 30 seconds.  I hope that made sense.

thefirstofthe300

I am a big fan of how MB3 does things but I need the Android client if I am going to continue using the server.  Currently, I am having a problem with playback of any type of file, although most of my files use the exact same codecs and containers.

Here is how I recreate the problem: I browse to a movie I want to watch.  I select play and the internal player opens.  I wait for about 30 seconds but no loading symbol appears.  When the movie does not launch, I exit the play using the Android back key.  Immediately, the app freezes the entire system until I get the Android crash notification asking me to report (I just sent a report in the last 30 minutes), and then I have to use that crash notification to close the program.  I will PM you my logs and a media info file so you have an idea of what the heck I am trying to play (and just as a note, PLEX deals with the file just fine, as does the MB3 web client).

thefirstofthe300

I would also like to mention that for the file I am attempting to play is being transcoded to 1080p even though the file itself is only 720p.  I have the server transcoding setting set to auto.

Thanks for a great looking app!