Emby for Roku disconnects

roberto188

roberto188

Every time I exit emby for Roku I have to re login or redo the emby connect this just started happening as of yesterday. I'm running a version 3 server because the version 4 server broke a lot of the features that I use.

This could potentially be due to the server version. What features are you having a problem with in 4.0?

roberto188

I need NVENC support for fast profile. Otherwise my card maxes out at 2 streams, because the current version I think defaults to medium.

roberto188

Also I'm not sure if the new server allows Bob and weave deinterlacing, though I saw somewhere that it doesn't.

I need NVENC support for fast profile. Otherwise my card maxes out at 2 streams, because the current version I think defaults to medium.

Can you explain how that affects the 2 stream limit?

roberto188

Maxes out the card GPU, not the stream limit. My card isn't limited on streams. I can do 6 simultaneous 720p streams with a "fast" profile. But only 2 on medium.

Edited by roberto188

I guess you mean "presets". There's no "fast" or "medium" profile. 

Currently we don't support presets with NVENC. Presets are only used for software transcoding.

What you can do in case of NVENC is to reduce the bandwidth for playback. That will give you a similar effect at least.

Reducing bitrate does nothing to reduce GPU load.

Of course it does. Have you tried?

If yes, try some more extreme values. You need to be aware that, If the video itself has a rate of 6 Mbit only and you are reducing the bitrate from 80 to 60 Mbit, then there won't be any change of course.

roberto188

Yes. I have tried it. It effectively does nothing. I use Emby for TV averages a bit rate of 12 mega bits with some stations as high as 20 and some as low as 6. Changing from 12 to 6 do nothing to reduce GPU load I can send the screen caps I you don't believe me. Maybe changing from 60 to 10 makes a difference but who in their right mind is real-time streaming at bitrates like that.

roberto188

None the less I fixed the issue with the sign out. It was a Roku device that must have cached some wrong data. Uninstalled Emby, unplugged Roku, reinstalled, manually configured host and it worked.

roberto188

Similar issue has arisen. For whatever reason one of my users got a "sever timeout" message and got booted. Then when they tried to reconnect the circle just spins and says "server timout". The server has been rebooted several times and all my other users are having no trouble except this one. Very strange. Any ideas?

I would suggest updating to the latest version of emby server and then we can collaborate on your transcoding feedback.

Similar issue has arisen. For whatever reason one of my users got a "sever timeout" message and got booted. Then when they tried to reconnect the circle just spins and says "server timout". The server has been rebooted several times and all my other users are having no trouble except this one. Very strange. Any ideas?

That Roku device may have lost its network connection...?

roberto188

I would suggest updating to the latest version of emby server and then we can collaborate on your transcoding feedback.

I would like to, but I'm kinda loaded up with users. 3 at least simultaneously up to 6 maybe 20% of the time. Without the "fast" preset I have to tell most of my users they are out of luck. Maybe on a weekend when I know they aren't going to be in use. Really I just want the encosing speed preset to map on the NVENC. If u start re-implimenting such a feature I'll be sure to try it out.

roberto188

That Roku device may have lost its network connection...?

No loss of connection, but they have reported it occurs and appears to permanantly mess things up if two devices with the same user try to sign in at the same time.

Edited by roberto188