EmbyServer pegging my processor - Solved

Guy DAmico

Guy DAmico

New to Emby, can the background EmbyServer process be stopped?  If so how, I have looked at ever screen for managing the server without any success. I will probably be embarrassed, there must be something somewhere to start and stop EmbyServer.

I did a google search and found how to do it.  Problem solved.  Will see if t pegs the processor on a restart.

Maybe the following will help other noobies.

# Start the Emby Server #sudo service emby-server start# Stop the Emby Server #sudo service emby-server stop# Restart the Emby Server #sudo service emby-server restart# Look up the status of the Emby server #sudo service emby-server status

When the Server is running you can use your browser and access it with the following URL:

http://<your servers ip address>:8096

Edited  by Guy DAmico

Guy DAmico

After stopping the embyserver process the problem did not reappear on the subsequent startup.  Everything is working well.  Essentially the problem was solved with restarting Emby.

embyserver-63689328000.txt

Edited by Guy DAmico

Because whatever operation was causing the high cpu usage was terminated when you restarted the server. That means it will probably end up happening again. Please supply the log from before you restarted the server, not after. Thanks.

Guy DAmico

There are a few embyserver logs, the one I uploaded is the oldest.  Is there something in the log that causes you to believe it is after the first stop and restart?

Well there just isn't much in here to see. There's two three minute library scans but that's the only activity.