Permission bug. Everyone can access Live TV

shocker

shocker

Hello,

If you enable/disable LiveTV library for a user, that user will still be able to access the library via the Live TV endpoint URL, e.g. https://emby.server.tld/web/index.html\#\!/livetv/livetv.html\?serverId\=you_server_id

How to reproduce:

Enable Live TV for a user.

Go to live tv, save the URL.

Disable Live TV for the user.

You will see that the Live TV is not visible in the library, but if you enter the saved URL you will be able to access the Live TV.

This is common if users are saving the LiveTV URL's as a bookmark and they can bypass your option.

Thanks!

Edited by shocker

What happens if you log out and then log back in again?  Does the URL still work?

shocker

What happens if you log out and then log back in again?  Does the URL still work?

Just tested, yes the url is still valid even that I don't have the live tv permission. It's just me or you can reproduce this as well?

Yes I was able to reproduce it as well.

This doesn't seem to work for Movie or TV show libraries or the admin dashboard but only in LiveTV.

Looks like a security check is missing in this section of code.

@@Luke

• 1 month later...
Spaceboy

Fortunately for me none of my users are smart enough to do this..

i know but this just highlights the shortcuts and hacks that have been used in getting to where we are now. What other shortcuts have been taken that haven’t been discovered by users here yet?

Its impossible to not think about the security breaches we saw a few weeks ago. How can the devs be SO certain they have identified the issue when anyone would naturally assume that this approach is taken across the board?