TV Series not playing in MBC but plays in Web and MBT

rove

I have a TV series that will not play in MBC. I press play and the screen goes blank momentarily and then I get the dreaded WMC error "Cannot play video" flash up before it returns to the episode view in MBC.

The same TV show plays fine in MBT and Web and WMP.

I've had a look at my LAV config and it looks ok to me, but I'm no expert.

GraphStudioNext looks ok.

MediaInfo attached as well.

I have other AVI>MPEG-4>XviD files that play fine.

I realise this is likely a codec issue that's causing MBC/WMC to barf, but I can't see it.

The only difference I see in the MBC logs between this and another similar file that works is that there are no log lines for BasePlaybackController (logs attached). Does this give a clue where in the pipeline its failing?

MBC version 3.0.155.0 4-22.2

Server 3.0.5211.41935

MBClassic-125201490c6d356d33240fd85570335ffa633e8.log

post-2022-0-27297400-1399890960_thumb.gif

mediainfo.txt

Nothing looks wrong in the log - WMC is just stopping playback.  So it is definitely a codec issue of some sort.  I have found some avi files that will not play in the internal WMC player.  I've never tried to track down what it is about them that causes that.  Is this the only series that is AVI?  If not, compare the media info between this one and the one that will play and maybe there will be a clue.

Oh, also, update MBC please.  The current release is 163.

And the server too...

Other AVIs play fine. My biggest suspicion about these it that they were encoded with an _old_ XviD library. I guess re-encoding is likely the only option, shame because the quality isn't that great to begin with!

Cheers ebr.

Updating now...