file renaming episode title in other language after auto organize

N3RO815

N3RO815
Hello.

I use auto organize to organize the media files. As far as I know, ao uses tvdb for series. I use tmdb to scrape, since I use the German language.

Since the people are losing control of tvdb and locking every series, so that nothing more can be maintained in other languages. So I have to use tmdb for series. In other languages hardly any new content is available. That's a shame what's going on there.

My question would be, is it possible to migrate auto organize, which also uses tmdb for series?

If not, how can I later rename the files so that I use the German titles instead of the English titles? It's all about the files themselves.

Example:

The 100 - S05E02 - English title.mkv ---> The 100 -S05E02 German title.mkv

5c9cacd1b4581_screen_20190328_121444.png

5c9cacff2934b_screen_20190328_121601.png

rbjtech

Does Auto-Organise not inherit the Series Metadata language ?  

edit : To answer my own question - yes it does - Auto Organise renames the file according to the Metadata language (just tested this) BUT only if the language exists in tvdb.  If the language does not exist for that series, then it drops back to the English version.  So for season 4 it works fine, for season 5 it does not as there is no tvdb German data for that series.

ps - in the file naming, the <series name> sXXeXX is the important bit - if you rename the episode name (to German) it does not make any difference to Emby.  You can then manually edit the Metadata (into German) for that season and lock it if you wish.

5c9cb8bb08bb0_Capture.png

Edited by rbjtech

N3RO815

I think the problem is that Auto Organize looks only at TVDB and there is no content in German because the series is locked.

Therefore nobody can insert something in German at the moment.

Auto Organize would have to respect the global settings in Emby and, as in my case with TMDB, look for the series.

rbjtech

Sure - did you see the edit I made ? - you can change the 'name' part of any episode name and not impact things, and you can also edit the metadata 'name' to whatever you like (but lock it or it will get changed back during a scan).

N3RO815

The title in the Metadata is German because after auto organize the scraper for tmdb does this. But the media file, NFO and picture file has the english title. It does not rename this files after scraping.

So do you mean if i select German in preferred download language it will also rename this files?

rbjtech

The title in the Metadata is German because after auto organize the scraper for tmdb does this. But the media file, NFO and picture file has the english title. It does not rename this files after scraping.

So do you mean if i select German in preferred download language it will also rename this files?

yes it will - IF they exist as German named files in tmdb.  If not, then it will rename them in English.

I just did this myself as I was curious - I forced 'the 100' to German and then got auto-organise to re-move a couple of files.  For series 4, it named it with the German name (as it OS filename), but for series 5, it did not.  Which I believe is the expected behaviour.  But as I said, you can overwrite this manually by editing the filename and edit the metadata that Emby uses if you wish as unless you change it, that is going to show the English episode name for series 5.

N3RO815

Hello.

I have tried it now. I do not think it works that way. I think this attitude does not matter to Auto Organize and it really only looks at TVDB.

Season 4 is available in German by TVDB and TMDB ---> rename in German works.

Season 5 is in TMDB in German, but not in TVDB ---> rename in German does not work.

So I think Auto Organize ignores the preferred download language setting and really only looks at TVDB. Otherwise it would work with Season 5.

rbjtech

Hello.

I have tried it now. I do not think it works that way. I think this attitude does not matter to Auto Organize and it really only looks at TVDB.

Season 4 is available in German by TVDB and TMDB ---> rename in German works.

Season 5 is in TMDB in German, but not in TVDB ---> rename in German does not work.

So I think Auto Organize ignores the preferred download language setting and really only looks at TVDB. Otherwise it would work with Season 5.

We are agreeing  ;) - but I had not tested using TMDB as I do not have that selected for my TV Shows but having just changed the priority to put TMDB first - it now displays German for both season 4 and 5 ..  :)

5c9d6d45b4285_german.png

Change in the Library > Advanced > Series metadata downloaders and put TMDB at the top of the list.

However, the filename in from Auto Organise is still in English - so that must still use TVDB and not TMDB.

Edited by rbjtech

Actually auto-organize should be using the library settings of the library you are organizing into, so if you've picked Tmdb first then it should use that.

However, the filename in from Auto Organise is still in English - so that must still use TVDB and not TMDB.

Do you mean files that are already organized? If yes then you are correct, it will not rename them.

N3RO815

We are agreeing ;) - but I had not tested using TMDB as I do not have that selected for my TV Shows but having just changed the priority to put TMDB first - it now displays German for both season 4 and 5 .. :)

5c9d6d45b4285_german.png

Change in the Library > Advanced > Series metadata downloaders and put TMDB at the top of the list.

Yes i know that. I have the Metadata in German like your screenshot but all I want is also the filenames in German and this is what not work. You can see it on the screenshot in my first post.

Actually auto-organize should be using the library settings of the library you are organizing into, so if you've picked Tmdb first then it should use that.

It does not. TMDB is on the first place but it does not rename the media file, NFO file and picture file. The Metadata is in German but not the file names.

Do you mean files that are already organized? If yes then you are correct, it will not rename them.

No i mean new files.

Edited by OOmatrixOO

rbjtech

Hi Luke - This does not appear to be working as I changed to TMDB (removed TVDB altogether), removed some of the episodes and while Auto-organise re-identified them as new files, it did not rename the titles in German as per the OP's original question.  All other aspects of the metadata were in German without any issues.  If using TVDB, then yes it does rename the FILES in German BUT unfortunately TVDB does not have the episodes in question in German (TMDB does), thus the problem.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

rbjtech

I believe this has now been fixed in Auto Organise Version 1.3.8 which was updated yesterday ?

Just tested it again after the update - and it is now acknowledging the use of TMDB to get the episode file naming details in German ..  :)

30/03/2019  The 100 - s05e02 - Red Queen.mkv > The 100 - s05e02 - Die rote Königin.mkv

Edited by rbjtech

N3RO815

I'm not sure if that is fixed now. That it works for you now, could also be due to the fact that Season 5 is now available on tvdb in German.

Is there a changelog for the auto organize update?

Edited by OOmatrixOO

I changed the way it creates new series folders, so that probably does not relate to this.

N3RO815

Ok then i think its not fixed. But it's OK. If again the case should occur, I will rename by hand.