Shift - Select Multiple Movies

slyfox

slyfox

I want to select all movies to mark them as played but it seems that I have to select one movie at a time. Even in multi-movie selection there is no way hold shift to select the first and the last movie. Please add this feature.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

If you want to mark all movies the use the multi-select option on the Library and mark it a played. 

Home Screen-multi-select a Library-three dot menu in upper right-Mark as Played

slyfox

That is my question.

In the multi-select view I have to select each movie individually. How do I choose the first and the last movie and all the movie in between. This should work with shift-select first and shift-select last movie but not in Emby .15 beta.

Happy2Play

There is no select all from a item stand point.  So you select the library not a item.

5c9bfea6974e8_multi.jpg

• 6 months later...

this is really missing? .. really? this is almost unbelievable

i'm thinking about switching from Plex to Emby. But your UIs does lack of design and features :(

Edited by snikay

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
swatfa
On 12/25/2020 at 7:00 AM, KoteZA said:

Hey guys, this works for me 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/check-range/kcfmannklpnoilbdlaabnfolfepmpmfj

Just restart browser after installing plugin and then shift-click will work :)

You are a lifesaver. I was a cat's whisker away from moving back to Plex after realizing this very basic and obvious feature was missing until i tried your workaround. Thanks. Hope the devs can prioritize bulk selections. With over 15,000 titles there's no way on earth i was going to sit and click on each one to create categories composed of thousands of titles; and the select from 'library' option mentioned above has limitations.

• Like 1

Gilgamesh_48

This is one thing that Emby has lacked since the very beginning and has refused to implement for years. I do not understand why Emby is so reluctant to provide this basic functionality for all browsers. It seems like they have intentionally turned it off but I know they probably did not. I can not understand at all what could be so hard.

I could really us that functionality in FireFox but I am not holding my breath waiting for it. It has been missing for so long that I have adapted and actually gotten used to it.

I do not really need to use shift or control + click anymore because I have just used the single click at a time and a lot of time to create the collections I have needed to and now my library is pretty much set. However if I ever do need to select 20 or more movies again I will again miss this basic functionality.

It just seems that this is one place where Emby fails to provide basic needed functionality.

• Like 1

arrbee99

Seeing as there hasn't been a new beta for weeks, I'm sure we can assume this will be one of many things being added...

• Like 1

• 6 months later...