Couple of suggestions for android tv as well as other clients.

thura10

thura10

I just have a suggestion for emby clients. Keep in mind these are literally the only problems I have with emby and it would be actually perfect if you guys could fix this.

1. When I'm watching something and I rewind like, even just like 5 or 10s, the player has to buffer again. This bothers me a lot since I do a lot of remote streaming. Coming from Plex, this bothered me a bit since this didn't happen on Plex and I rewind a lot.

2. You still can't download subtitles from the clients. I mean what is up man? I saw a suggestion post dating back as far as 2017 to do this. Even plex has gone ahead and added this now.

That's it. That's actually everything I'm annoyed with.

I also have a question.

On Android TV, there's recommendations for the home screen. Does this recommendations include live TV? Can I customise what emby shows on the home screen at this point? Does it also include movie suggestions and next up episodes?

That's it. I love everything else about emby. Keep up the great work.

On Android TV, there's recommendations for the home screen. Does this recommendations include live TV?

No, not at this time because that content is extremely dynamic so, to provide that, the app would have to always be running and always connected to your server.  We may do that in the future though.  You can, however, turn on a "Live TV" channel for your home screen that will give you quick access to the guide, recordings, etc.

Can I customise what emby shows on the home screen at this point?

You can choose which of the "channels" from Emby you wish to show via the setup on the device itself.

Does it also include movie suggestions and next up episodes?

Yes.  In fact, you can have an entire "Next Up" channel if you wish.  Then the Suggestions will just be movies.  Anything in-progress will show in "Play Next".

Your rewind issue will be dependent on exactly how the item is playing.  If direct streaming, rewinding should be near instantaneous.

thura10

Your rewind issue will be dependent on exactly how the item is playing. If direct streaming, rewinding should be near instantaneous.

Ah. That must be it. I am usually transcoding when streaming remotely. Is there anything that can be done to make rewinds faster on transcodes? I’m not very knowledgeable on these.

The recommendations sound very good tho so thanks for that.

I hope subtitle thing can be added too cuz that’s the only thing that still makes me install kodi.

Ah. That must be it. I am usually transcoding when streaming remotely. Is there anything that can be done to make rewinds faster on transcodes? I’m not very knowledgeable on these.

You could use the convert feature to create a version of your item that doesn't need to transcode...