Podcasts playback

keith2045

keith2045

I've been having issues with the podcasts plugin for a while now. If for some reason i stop playing a video and want to come back to it and i click the resume button i'm not able to play it. The app tries to play it but never does. Also occasionally playback will just stop, pressing play/pause doesnt do anything. So i have to exit the video playback mode and because of the first issue i'm not able to resume from that location (i have to fast foward).

The resume issue does not appear to be a problem in the web browser which is why i'm posting in the fire tv section. I have version 1.6.94a of the emby app installed on my fire tv device. 

emby.txt

keith2045

Just sent the logs.

I was trying to resume playback of a podcast stream from the internet. "Twit 711: Your Pain is Their business model" starting at 51:29. 

Log was sent at 2pm central time

Emby user: Keith

I'll do the same for when it just stops playing.

Thanks

Keith

The app tried to seek to the resume point.  It was transcoding so, it is possible that it would take a while with remote content for the transcode to seek.

Can we see the ffmpeg log?

Hi.  Can you do a single test that creates a single ffmpeg log so that we can be sure what we are looking at?

Thanks.

Can you also provide the podcast feed that you configured into the plugin? That will allow ebr to test it. Thanks.

I cannot get that feed to load in my podcasts right now but I am able to resume Ted Talks no problem.

Can you try that one?

keith2045

Yeah it looks like i have issues with those as well (i tested an audio only one and it wouldn't resume).

Just a clarification (didnt want to assume) but when i say resume i close out of the player and try and go back, that's when i have issues. Playing then pausing doesnt have this problem. 

Another podcast i just tried is What the Tech (

https://gfqnetwork.com/feed/wtthd/)

These are all audio only podcasts...? (strike that)

I got that last one to load (the twit was forbidden).  The way those are being delivered, we don't have any runtime information for them.  That makes them un-seekable and, thus, non-resumable.

I'll have to play with some things to see if we can get around that - and see why others like Ted Talks work fine.