Ability to exclude individual folders from metadata lookup

tiorsus

tiorsus

There are some situations in which Emby cannot identify a folder's contents during metadata lookup, in which case it will simply display its contents as original filenames.

There are other situations in which it will mis-identify a folder's contents - i.e. thinking that a folder contains a series when it does not - in which case it will display the contents as the titles of what it thinks it found.  This will obscure the true identity of those files, making them difficult or impossible to navigate.  As it may not always be possible to manipulate the filenames to get Emby to identify them, it would be very useful if there were a way to tell it to simply "exclude this one folder from metadata lookup, showing original filenames only."

Implementation-wise, this could be done easily without the need for any additional UI: have it look for a special-named file in the folder (i.e. .nometa), & if found, just skip metadata lookup for that folder.  Sort of like the .nomedia file in Android, which tells galleries to ignore a folder.

Note: I realize that you could avoid metadata lookup library-wide, by setting the content type to "Home Videos."  However, it would be nice to be able to benefit from metadata for the 95% of your library where it works, without having to use the "nuclear approach" of either 100% metadata or 0% :)

Per the discussion here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/71552-folder-mis-identified-as-tv-series-how-to-undo/&do=findComment&comment=721208

Edited by metal450

• 3 months later...
Happy2Play

As mentions in other topic you need that ability to do this in a folder that already belongs to a Mixed content type.  So Mixed content expanded beyond Movie and TV content type restrictions with the ability to apply rules at a subfolder level.

• 10 months later...