How to add time to recordings?

clarkss12

clarkss12

I have been migrating to the Emby DVR, but my recordings for movies are ending before the show ends. Where is the setting to add time to the end of the recording?

samuelqwe

Once on the dashboard, the setting should be in the DVR section. The specific setting you are looking for is post recording padding.

clarkss12

That was it, thank you. The only problem I see now, is that that extended time includes both TV shows and movies. I don't have any issues with the TV series recordings, just the movies. I wish I could add time to just the movies and not the TV series.

clarkss12

When football season arrives this fall, I will need to be able to set time just for that sport. I always add an hour for football. That is a must have for any DVR.

samuelqwe

You can set padding for individual recordings as well, just not for TV Shows and Movies separately.

Edited by samuelqwe

clarkss12

You can set padding for individual recordings as well, just not for TV Shows and Movies separately.

How?

samuelqwe

How?

From the Schedule section, click on a recording. Afterwards, you should see a "Settings" label next to the "Do not record" button. Once you click on "Settings" you should be greeted with the padding settings.

clarkss12

From the Schedule section, click on a recording. Afterwards, you should see a "Settings" label next to the "Do not record" button. Once you click on "Settings" you should be greeted with the padding settings.

From the server interface? No settings are available under the Android client.

Okay that worked from the server. Since my computer is turned off, I use my cell phone to add the extra time for the specific movie that I have scheduled to record. So that works for what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Edited by clarkss12

samuelqwe

Oh yeah, might only be shown on web interface or on the mobile apps. I personally just set it to record a little too much by default, than too little. That way I never have to think about it.

• Like 1

clarkss12

Oh yeah, might only be shown on web interface or on the mobile apps. I personally just set it to record a little too much by default, than too little. That way I never have to think about it.

I don't want to have to add extra minutes to my series recordings, only my movie recordings.

I have been recording some of the old westerns from the grit channel, every one of the last 4 or 5 recordings, the ending got cut off, very frustrating.

Now if they will just add the settings to the Android client, that would be perfect.

samuelqwe

You can always set the default to add more time, and change the padding on each series instead, the same way you would for individual recordings, but from the Series tab.

But yes, having these options available on your TV would be a welcome addition

• Like 1

clarkss12

You can always set the default to add more time, and change the padding on each series instead, the same way you would for individual recordings, but from the Series tab.

But yes, having these options available on your TV would be a welcome addition

Took me awhile to think about it, but excellent idea.

thanks