Import nfo Playcount from Kodi not working for all movies

Furryhamster

Furryhamster

Hi,

I switched my nas and decided to switch from kodi mysql db to emby.

I exported every to single nfo files. When import the folders some of my movies are marked as seen and some not. Every nfo contained a playcount=1.

Nfo files from movies which are still marked as watched has still the playcount attribut in nfo. The movies which are not marked as seen dont have a playcount in nfo anymore.

Is there a way to get all watched attributes imported to emby?

Furryhamster

Thank you for your reply. These values you mean playcount or nfo files?

Cause there are some movies marked as watched I suppose there must be something to recognize the watched status. Is there maybe another attrubute so that I can add for example a <watched> tag in every nfo with a playcount=1?

We support nfo files for metadata but we do not read watch data from them. Watch data is kept in our library.db database file.

Angelblue05

So there is no way to import watched status except for using trakt?

This information should be read if the entry in emby does not exists... I imagine this change was made to prevent a loop of update events if that information is updated in the nfo.

But I don’t understand why it can’t be read when adding content to emby.

Edited by Angelblue05

But I don’t understand why it can’t be read when adding content to emby.

Two reasons. If you go back a few years to when we did support this, users were constantly complaining that the watch data in their nfo kept overwriting the watch data in their emby database. It was a troubleshooting nightmare and we were forced to remove it.

And secondly, Emby is a multi-user system, but the watch data in nfo files doesn't indicate which user it applies to.