Path to lav filters / splitter etc

dimitrik

dimitrik

I have lav filters, splitter, madvr etc in non-standard locations because I use K-Lite codec pack for m codec managemen. I have used it for years and am extremely happ with it, so I have no plans to go back to the bad old days of managing my codecs individually and worrying about what will break.

The problem is the MBT Video player is hard wired to look for LAV splitter etc in the "C:\Program Files\LAV Fliters" path and not the path I use. All other players are fine with using the filters, splitter etc from their location, without any configuration, so is it possible to update it so it's "path agnostic"?

I don't want to have multiple versions installed, it is just asking for trouble.

saitoh183

Having codec pack in general is asking for trouble...glad it works for you so many years :). But you would only need LAV codecs to run pretty much anything. K-lite is a bit overkill. I dont think at this time you can change the path of where Lav is located via MBT, If you still want to keep K-lite, just remove the LAV portion and install Lav on its own. (but i would remove K-lite all together)

dimitrik

I have no interest in changing the path, I would simply like MBT to behave alike any other player and call the filters from the system, without looking for them in specific location (it only does this during the configuration I believe, because it can tell they're installed).

As for k-lite, I have a lot of experience with codecs and codec packs, and pretty much all of them are terrible, but k-lite is excellent. It helps that it's put together by the ffdshow project manager, who also contributes to LAV. Certainly installing LAV separately would completely kill it's ability to centrally administer and manage all codecs, so it would be self defeating.

But I digress, the point is that I'm asking if MBT can work without calling he files in a specific location.

Yogi

You have to remember that MBT is still in the aplha stage,so features are being added all the time.

I am not sure if it is on the roadmap so hopefully one of the devs can chime in here and answer your query.

And yes you do not want more than 1 codec pack installed as that will create more headaches.

• 3 months later...
jojodancer

I have the same issue lavfilter is not installed in the default location MBT thinks its in.  Is there a file i can edit to point to the install location?

elshagon

I have the same issue on one of my computers where I have lav filters installed with the mpc-be player but not in the location MBT would look for it.  I wish there was a way either MBT would use it where it currently is or I could point to it

hifiaudio2

Same issue here.  I installed the 64 bit version of LAV filters from their site,  but MBT doesnt see them.  Can I simply move the folder to another location or tell MBT somewhere to look?

hifiaudio2

Ah ..  is MBT not compatible with the 64 bit version of LAV?   I have been unchecking 32 bit.  Even with the MBT installing LAV,  if I uncheck 32 bit,  it doesnt work.  Checking 32 bit allows it to proceed.

• 4 weeks later...

How do I install LAV to work with MBT?  I did it once but then MBT stopped working so a thread say uninstall MTB/LAV/etc and reinstall.  The suggestion was to use CCCP from ninite.  Now I have LAV in the CCCP folder and as this thread highlights MBT wants it in a specific place (not nested under CCCP).

I ended up with K-Lite and CCCP folders (LAV in each). 

Update:  I uninstalled the packages and reinstalled LAV from Github

Edited by Vectra